Hey everyone, this post marks the updating of all Kanto Pokemon and Kanto/Johto Mega Evolutions with the new entries from USUM! I know that over a year after the game's release is hardly timely, but I've been cracking away at it slowly over the last few months until finally sitting down to put them all together. The Kanto portion is the longest of them all, having the most new entries, so it should hopefully be quicker from here. The new Pokemon themselves might come before the Alola updates, depending on scheduling. Until then, I hope you guys enjoy the new info!
- The World of Pokemon
Hi everyone! The USUM update is slowly trudging along. I still haven't finished playing USUM yet with life and whatnot in the way, but I've been picking away at updating the site with the new USUM dex entries. Pokemon 1-51, Alolans, and the Kanto/Johto Megas have been updated as of today. As for the new Pokemon, I think it would be better for me to finish the game first and see what exactly is up with them before I take a crack at those. Hope you guys are enjoy the new content, however sparse it is!
- The World of Pokemon
After nearly five years of work, I'm proud to announce the World of Pokémon. If you just want to jump in and explore the website yourself, go right on ahead. The "About" page will help a lot in explaining different sections in greater detail. For those who want a very quick rundown of what to expect, here's a short guide; note that everything other than the news and about page is written from an in-universe perspective, as if a Pokémon researcher was writing to an audience of trainers:
- Every Pokémon has an main entry that's like a giant Pokédex entry; it tells you everything about the Pokémon we know from all the games, plus more from its real-world inspiration, mythology, and culture
- Accurate size charts for every Pokémon that account for differing measurements (height, wingspan, length) and poses
- Every regular Pokémon family has a research page that goes into its biology, evolution, and/or cultural role in the Pokémon world; the page also includes diet, care, and caution regarding each species
- Detailed habitat/biome specifications for each Pokémon to help put together a cohesive world where Pokémon can interact with one another
- Binomial nomenclature for every Pokémon species, sorted taxonomically from domain to species (a written "tree of life" to accompany the visual one I made you that may have seen elsewhere on the internet)
- Difficulty ratings (easy, medium, hard) for raising species of Pokémon
- Supplemental articles that go in-depth on topics glossed over in the main entries (current articles: "Life Energy" and "National Pokédex Order")
Again, the About page goes much more in-depth about various articles, so I strongly recommend you check it out.
I plan to continue updating the site with things like locations, notable people, and more articles. Hopefully you guys enjoy what you can already find here. Cheers!
After nearly 5 years of work and a lot of time putting together the website, I think it's finally ready for a "soft-launch" of sorts. There are still sections I haven't gotten around to adding that I plan to, but the core entries for each Pokémon are finished (Mega Evolutions and Alolan forms notwithstanding), but very high up on the priority list). An "About" page should be up shortly as well, so people can figure out what this site is even about. I'll put up an official introductory post once I work out a couple more kinks, but I'll leave this one up for now to test out the Site News Page. Happy New Year, folks.