After nearly five years of work, I'm proud to announce the World of Pokémon. If you just want to jump in and explore the website yourself, go right on ahead. The "About" page will help a lot in explaining different sections in greater detail. For those who want a very quick rundown of what to expect, here's a short guide; note that everything other than the news and about page is written from an in-universe perspective, as if a Pokémon researcher was writing to an audience of trainers:
- Every Pokémon has an main entry that's like a giant Pokédex entry; it tells you everything about the Pokémon we know from all the games, plus more from its real-world inspiration, mythology, and culture
- Accurate size charts for every Pokémon that account for differing measurements (height, wingspan, length) and poses
- Every regular Pokémon family has a research page that goes into its biology, evolution, and/or cultural role in the Pokémon world; the page also includes diet, care, and caution regarding each species
- Detailed habitat/biome specifications for each Pokémon to help put together a cohesive world where Pokémon can interact with one another
- Binomial nomenclature for every Pokémon species, sorted taxonomically from domain to species (a written "tree of life" to accompany the visual one I made you that may have seen elsewhere on the internet)
- Difficulty ratings (easy, medium, hard) for raising species of Pokémon
- Supplemental articles that go in-depth on topics glossed over in the main entries (current articles: "Life Energy" and "National Pokédex Order")
Again, the About page goes much more in-depth about various articles, so I strongly recommend you check it out.
I plan to continue updating the site with things like locations, notable people, and more articles. Hopefully you guys enjoy what you can already find here. Cheers!